Politecnico di Milano
Via Golgi 42
Tel: +39 02 2399 3514
My research work focuses on the design, prototype, and evaluation of self-management algorithms for Web services and Cloud systems. In particular, my work aims at the design of optimization algorithms for the maximization of Quality of Service of composed Web services and for the resource management of autonomic infrastructures. Recently, I’m focusing on Model Driven Design and management of Cloud-based (see the MODAClouds project) and data-intensive applications (see the DICE and EUBRA-BIGSEA projects). I developed also energy efficiency solutions for the management of virtualized infrastructures (GAME-IT project). During my Ph.D. studies, I investigated the problem of cost-oriented design and capacity planning of distributed IT architectures.
- IBM SUR grant, October 2016. Joint work with Letizia Tanca and Cristina Silvano.
- Top CompSci University Azure Adoption grant, October 2016, September 2017.
- AWS in Education research grant, May 2014. Joint work with Elisabetta Di Nitto, DEEP-SE Cloud initiative.
- Windows Azure Research Pass, October 2013. Joint work with Elisabetta Di Nitto.
- Politecnico di Milano Fondi 5 per mille 2013. Poli-RISPOSTA is one of the 8 projects selected out of 50 proposals by Politecnico di Milano to foster research on society. Co-Applicant, PI Prof. Francesco Ballio
- AWS in Education research grant, March 2012. Joint work with Elisabetta Di Nitto and Gianpaolo Cugola, DEEP-SE Cloud initiative.
- AWS in Education research grant, December 2010. Joint work with Elisabetta Di Nitto, DEEP-SE Cloud initiative.
- IBM Faculty Award 2010. The PARVIS project is funded by IBM to develop self-managing techniques for virtualized systems.
- Politecnico di Milano Fondi 5 per mille 2009. GAME-IT is one of the 8 projects selected out of 77 proposals by Politecnico di Milano to support junior researchers.
- QUDOS 2018 Co-Chair, Berlin, Germany. 4th International Workshop On Quality-Aware DevOps.
- QUDOS 2017 Co-Chair, L’Aquila, Italy. 3rd International Workshop On Quality-Aware DevOps.
- QUDOS 2016 Co-Chair, Saarbrücken, Germany. 2nd International Workshop On Quality-Aware DevOps.
- QUDOS 2015 Co-chair, Bergamo, Italy. 1st International Workshop On Quality-Aware DevOps.
- ICGreen 2015 General chair, Milan, Italy. 4th International Conference on Green IT Solutions.
- ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review: Special Issue on Performance and Resource Management in Big Data Applications.
- Springer Computing Journal: Special Issue on Cloud Computing.
- Multi-Cloud 2013. 1st International Workshop on Multi-Cloud applications and federated clouds.
- ROSSA 2009. 1st International Workshop on Run-time mOdels for Self-managing Systems and Applications.
- QSWS 2008. 1st International Workshop on on QoS in Self-healing Web Services.
- IEEE Sustainable Computing Technical Community
- General Chair. May 2014 – July 2015
- Secretary/Treasurer. 2013 – 2014
- Information Officer. 2011 – 2103
- Ataie, R. Entezari-Maleki, L. Rashidi, K. S. Trivedi, D. Ardagna, A. Movaghar. Hierarchical Stochastic Models for Performance, Availability, and Power Consumption Analysis of IaaS Clouds. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. To Appear.
- Anselmi, D. Ardagna, J. C.S. Lui, A. Wierman, Y. Xu, Z. Yang. The Economics of the Cloud. ACM Transactions on Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computing Systems. 2(4), 1-23. 2017.
- D. Ardagna, M. Ciavotta, M. Passacantando. Generalized Nash Equilibria for the Service Provisioning Problem in Multi-Cloud Systems. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 10(3), 381-395. 2017.
- M. Malekimajd, D. Ardagna, M. Ciavotta, A. M. Rizzi, M. Passacantando. Optimal Map Reduce Job Capacity Allocation in Cloud Systems. ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review. 42 (4), 50-60. 2015.
- B. Addis, D. Ardagna, A. Capone, G. Carello. Energy-aware Joint Management of Networks and Cloud Infrastructures. Computer Networks. 70, 75-95, 2014.
- C. Sandionigi, D. Ardagna, G. Cugola, C. Ghezzi. Optimizing Service Selection and Allocation in Situational Computing Applications. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 6(3), 414-428, 2013.
- D. Ardagna, B. Panicucci, M. Passacantando. Generalized Nash Equilibria for the Service Provisioning Problem in Cloud Systems. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 6(4), 429-442, 2013.
- B. Addis, D. Ardagna, B. Panicucci, M. Squillante, L. Zhang. A Hierarchical Approach for the Resource Management of Very Large Cloud Platforms. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing. 10(5), 253-272, 2013.
- D. Ardagna, B. Panicucci, M. Trubian, L. Zhang. Energy-Aware Autonomic Resource Allocation in Multi-tier Virtualized Environments. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 5(1), 2-19, 2012.
- D. Ardagna, S. Casolari, M. Colajanni, B. Panicucci. Dual Time-scale Distributed Capacity Allocation and Load Redirect Algorithms for Cloud Systems. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Elsevier. 72(6), 796-808, 2012.
- D. Ardagna, B. Panicucci, M. Passacantando A Game Theoretic Formulation of the Service Provisioning Problem in Cloud Systems. WWW 2011 Proceedings. 177-186. Hyderabad, India.
- M. Tanelli, D. Ardagna, M. Lovera. Identification of LPV state space models for Autonomic Web service systems. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. 19(1), 93-103, 2011.
- J. Almeida, V. Almeida, D. Ardagna, I. Cunha, C. Francalanci, M. Trubian. Joint Admission Control and Resource Allocation in Virtualized Servers. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Elsevier. 70(4), 344-362, 2010.
- D. Ardagna, C. Francalanci, M. Trubian. Joint Optimization of Hardware and Network costs for Distributed Computer Systems. IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics, Part A. 38, 470-484, 2008
- D. Ardagna, B. Pernici. Adaptive Service Composition in Flexible Processes. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. 33(6), 369-384, 2007